This is recipe two in our three-part healthy snacks series. Chickpeas are famous for their low glycemic index and are also high in fiber and protein. Be careful though, they are super addictive so if you’re camping with a crew you might want to double-batch it! The chickpea reinvented.
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans by placing them in a colander and rinsing them with cold water. Rinse them for a few minutes to remove the starch. Dry off the beans and remove their skins.
- Combine the cinnamon, sugar, and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Pour the beans into the cinnamon mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the beans out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and toss the beans. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the beans are no longer soft.
- Place hot, roasted beans in a bowl and coat with honey.
- Spread beans on baking sheet and allow to dry.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Author: Melanie Trepanier
Recipe Author: Jen Tilley www.howto-simplfy.com